Marketing, life, the internet and LOLcats. Brought to you by Nathan McDonald.

Tuesday 11 March 2008

More running, this time with satellites

Another long run last weekend. 16 miles in 2 hours 49 mins.

Only this time I tracked it with Nokia's Sportstracker application that uses the built in GPS on the N95 to measure distance, speed, time, etc.

This is all good. Sportstracker is a free mobile app and an online service which logs your runs, and allows you to look up other peoples routes. Much like Nike+ or Mapmyrun.com (I've been using the latter).

However whilst the phone allows me to export to GPX and KML, the website does not provide the tools to embed the resulting map into my blog, so I have to link to it instead.

Whilst this is a bit lame, it is probably my only complaint about the service. The only other thing missing from the website is a volume of users, the community areas of the site seem a bit empty - probably because no one thinks about Nokia when they think of personal fitness.

No comments: