Marketing, life, the internet and LOLcats. Brought to you by Nathan McDonald.

Wednesday 21 March 2007

Paris half-marathon

I ran half a marathon in Paris the other week. Although the training plan was pretty loose (and some weeks non-existant), the run itself was not that hard for most of the way. I only really started to feel it in the last third of the race, especially between the 15th and 18th kilometre. Then the last few kilometres seemed to take forever, until Angella encouraged me to go a bit faster near the finish, at which point I managed to pick up the pace and it seemed easier all of a sudden. So having run most of the race together with Angella, I finished looking over my shoulder hoping she was behind me. I ended up about 30 seconds ahead of her at 1 hour 55 mins.

No comments: